The following article will detail how to create a code weighting test in Dedoose.
1. Click the Training tab in the Main Menu Bar.
2. Click ‘Create New Test’ in the bottom right.
3. Check the ‘Code Weight Test’ option and hit ‘Next’.
4. Select any codes you would like to include and hit ‘Next’.
If you would like to select all codes or select none, click the corresponding buttons at the bottom. In order to be included in a test a code must include at least 2 excerpts and have a code weighting system attached.
5. In the next screen, select the excerpts you would like to include in your test.
5.1. To use the Columns & Filters section to narrow your excerpts:
5.2. Check any fields or codes you would like to sort your excerpts by in the Columns section.
5.3. In the Filters section, click the button to the left of the code or field.
5.4. Select the group you would like to include (For example females or males in a Gender field).
5.5. Click ‘Select All’ or select the excerpts you want to include.
5.6. Make sure that you have at least 2 excerpts for each code and click ‘Next’.
6. Now title your test, give it a description if you like and click ‘Save’.